Thursday, September 11, 2014

No Orienteering! Pleeeaseee!

WINS:  Used register tape that I have been hanging onto for about 5 years.  Had students sketch what they think the Earth looks like beneath them, all the way to the core.  1cm = 100km.  Shared in small groups, then flipped over and used textbook to draw an accurate model of the interior of the earth.   My son's fever went down.  I don't have to water my neglected tomatoes because it has been pouring all day.

LOSSES:  WAY more students than I had thought did not finish the last lab.  Polled one of my classes on interest in orienteering...out of 22 only 2 have interest in learning how to use a map with a compass.  Wow.  And they answered with heavily drawn, even block lettered, "NO!"  At least I know and won't waste our time because it's not required.  I just usually teach it for fun and so students can show off.  BLOG LOSS:  Every time I edit my page because I reread it and it needs revision and editing it appears to my fictitious readers as an update.  That's so dorky and annoying to my imaginary readers.   




No comments:

Post a Comment