Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Hedonism: Dreaming

I stayed at a loft reserved for cooks or grounds keepers on North Haven Island this weekend.  The people who own the INCREDIBLE estate were not present, so my friend and I freely roamed the grounds taking photos and cutting flowers for bouquets.  Many of our photos started with, "Take my photo on my private beach"  or "Take my photo on my dock as I watch for my sail boat to return" or "Take my photo as I sit at my granite table in my gazebo overlooking the harbor."  It's so much fun to daydream. 
On my private beach 

 One of the gardens at my summer home on the island

The sheep--a hobby

Second bit of cheap hedonism:  brandywine tomatoes, when baked with a little garlic and oil are one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment